Friday, October 30, 2015

Breakfast Bombs!

 Breakfast Bombs!  These are one of Richard's favorite breakfast meals.  I usually make several of these at a time and put them in the freezer as freezer meals.  I always plan my meals ahead so when I plan on fixing one of these, I just take it out of the freezer the night before and put them in the fridge.  These can also be microwaved but remove them from the aluminum pans first.  So lets get started!
 I made 10 of these but could have easily stretched it to 12.  These are so easy, just add what you like.  This is what I used...
18 eggs, scrambled

2 lbs sausage

10 hash browns

1 can mushrooms (2 cans shown, but I only used one)

cheddar cheese (this is actually Fiesta Blend and I bought a huge     bag for other stuff too so not all of this was used on these).  LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used 10 of these mini loaf pans.  5/.88 cents.  If you want to be really thrifty you could reuse these. 
 Make sure to spray your pans so nothing sticks. 
 I fried my hash browns.  Richard likes them a little crispy.  You could also bake these.  I should have just used my griddle but I didn't want to dig it out. 
 Dump the 2 pounds of sausage in a large skillet.
 Fry it and drain well...
 Dump all 18 eggs in a bowl.  If you don't like a lot of eggs you can use less. 
 I added a tiny bit of milk, salt and pepper. 
 Eggs are all finished and in a bowl...
 Now to start assembling them...
 Start with the hash browns.  Put them in the pans first.  They are a perfect fit! 
 Put a good layer of sausage on top of the hash browns.  I just split up the 2 lbs of sausage in the 10 pans.
 Evenly distribute the scrambled eggs on top of the sausage. 
 Add the mushrooms...
 Completely cover with cheese!  When these are heated up, the cheese will melt and sorta drip down through on everything else.  At this point, just cover with foil and put in the freezer! 
 To reheat all you do is...thaw them in the fridge the night before and heat in the oven at 350 for about 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  Everything is cooked ahead of time so all you are doing is heating it up and melting the cheese.  You can also remove these from the pans and microwave them.   

Now we will break the cost down....  Now these babies are filled to the top so unless you are a hearty eater you could stretch these to 12 or more.  I ended up with 10!  The cost of food for 10 of these breakfast bombs was $19.44.  So divide that out and it comes to $1.94 each!  That's not a bad price at all for a good hearty breakfast!  The last time that I made these I used less eggs and no mushrooms and the cost of those came to $1.64 each so you can see the price will vary a little depending on what you put in them.
 When I fix these, I usually make Richard a couple pieces of toast to go with them.  Having these already made and ready to heat up sure helps me out when I am fixing him breakfast at 4:30am before work.  

UPDATE... This was this morning when I took it out of the oven.  The cheese was melted and it smelled sooooo good. He usually just dumps it out of the little pan and into his plate.  


PLEASE  SHARE!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment