Saturday, October 17, 2015

Chicken & Gravy Crock Pot Freezer Meal...

 This week is a tight week or well 2 weeks because we have some unexpected things coming up.  So when that happens, I cut the grocery bill.  :)  Here is my grocery haul for Friday.  Now other than maybe a gallon or two of milk we will be fine.  I have lots of stuff canned and also some freezer meals.  I plan on making more freezer meals out of this stuff too. 
 I forgot to take photos during the process but I made 7 freezer meals today! 
 CHICKEN & GRAVY CROCK POT MEAL
I found 10 pounds of Chicken Leg Quarters for $3.90!!!!!  These leg quarters are HUGE so most of these packs only have one in it because Richard and I can split it and if Andrew is home I can just throw 2 in the crockpot.  Hunter is picky and this is something that he will not eat.  He doesn't like mixed foods.  LOL!  
So I put at least one chicken leg quarter in a gallon freezer bag.  Then I mixed 1 jar of chicken gravy, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, and 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.  Mix it well and divide it up in the bags of chicken.  Then they are ready for the freezer.  That simple!!!!

You can either thaw it out the night before or just take it straight from the freezer and pop it in the crock pot.  Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW 6-8 hours.  

Yummy Chicken and Gravy!!!! 
I'll post photos when I cook one of them!  They are yummy.  The gravy and soup just marinate with the chicken. 

PLEASE  SHARE!!!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you make chicken and gravy about the same way I do but I like the white meat best and use chicken breast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me too! If I eat chicken then it has to be the breast. Richard doesn't mind, he will eat anything. LOL!

      Delete