Sunday, October 18, 2015

Tater Tot Casserole Freezer Meal...

 Early this morning I started making a few Tater Tot Casseroles!  Yum-Yum!   These are very simple to make ahead and freeze and also very versatile.  You an add anything that you want and I usually add more than I did in these but I just used what I had.  :)
 I started with 2 lbs of lean ground beef and a chopped onion.  Fried those up and also added some garlic seasoning, salt, pepper, and some chili powder.  If I have it on hand I will also add some green peppers or even a can of kidney beans. 
 Here are the other ingredients that I add....cream of mushroom soup, tater tots and cheddar cheese!!!
 First I spray my pans with nonstick spray and drain my meat mixture really well.  I divide out my meat mixture into my pans.
 Add a layer of cream of mushroom soup over the meat mixture...
 Add a layer of tater tots....
 Another layer of cream of mushroom soup...
 Top it with a good coating of cheddar cheese!!!
 In total I ended up with 5 loaf pans...that's 5 meals!!!!  That comes to a little over $3 per meal!!!!!
 I covered these with foil and wrote the baking directions on top.  Since everything is precooked all I have to do it pop them in the oven to heat through.  I usually bake them at 350 until the cheese is good and melted then I remove the foil and brown the cheese a little.  

PLEASE  SHARE!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I mix my soup with the meat mixture and then just put the tots on top then cheese! I never have any left as everyone loves it.

    ReplyDelete