Monday, October 12, 2015

Sweet & Spicy Molasses Pork Chops...Crockpot Meal

 Supper last night was an EASY meal with very little effort at all.  Andrew wasn't going to be home for dinner and Hunter and I ate at mom's so that just left Richard when he got home from work.  Here is what he had...
 I started with this...

- 2 pack of thick cut boneless chops (marked down to $3.19)

- Package of Chili's Slow Cooker Sauce, Sweet& Spicy Molasses

- 3 small potatoes (not pictured) cut in chunks with the skins left on

- Maybe 1/3 cup of corn.  You can use canned corn but I just used a handful of my dehydrated corn and rehydrated it.

I dumped the meat and the sauce in the small crockpot and cooked on high for 4 hours.  At the 3 hour point I added the cubed potatoes.  After 4 hours it was ready to serve.  I sprinkled a little corn over the top of it.  4 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
 Here's my big jar of dehydrated corn.  I'll post more on that later.  I love having this on hand and it will last for years being dehydrated.
 This is hubby's plate!  Since everyone else had already ate, I just dumped it all in his plate.  LOL!  This is the first time that I had tried the sauce pack and he said it was a "winner".   You can see the steam coming from his plate as I had just got it out of the crock pot.
Extremely fast and easy.  Probably 5 minutes prep time and 4 hours in the crockpot on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
A yummy meal with very little effort.  I also think this would be great served over mashed potatoes.


PLEASE SHARE!

1 comment:

  1. is your dehydrated corn cut from the cobs in your garden - I don't have enough garden area for corn if I get corn when it is on sale can it be dried I wonder? I do just have my refrigerator freezer so limited on what I can put in it and dried is a wonderful idea for when things like that go on sale

    ReplyDelete