Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What's for supper?....Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy

 What's for supper?  This is Richard's plate...Crock Pot Chicken & Gravy, mashed potatoes and buttermilk cornbread from the freezer.  He decided that he wanted the gravy on his mashed potatoes instead of over his chicken.  The chicken was cook in the gravy all day in the crock pot. 
 This chicken is the chicken & gravy that I put in the freezer meals a few days ago.  Myself, I like boneless, skinless chicken breast but Richard doesn't care and I bought these chicken leg quarters 10lbs for $3.90.   Here is the link to the Chicken & Gravy Freezer Meals.
 A few weeks ago I picked up another big 8lb bag of Pinto Beans.  I can these 4lbs at a time.  4lbs will make 7 quarts of canned soup beans.  So this big bag will make 14 quarts!!!  I paid $7.42 for 8lbs so that will come out to .54 cents a quart!!!!  Of course, I will add some bacon so that will cost a little more. :)  Gotta have bacon!!!!
 So I split the bag and will work with 4lbs at a time since my canner only holds 7 quarts.  I have "looked" and rinsed these well and will let them soak overnight and get started canning them tomorrow.  :)
 More photos tomorrow of the process! 


PLEASE  SHARE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment